Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gobble Gobble!

We first want to wish everyone (Even though it was 2 days ago) a Happy Thanksgiving and safe Black Friday! We hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays Smiling and were able to stuff themselves full.  This year it was mine and Dillons first Thanksgiving together as Mr. and Mrs. it was just the two of us this year which meant I was able to do all the cooking for our meal, I cooked all the things Dillon wanted for Thanksgiving with his help in the kitchen. We were going to go to Seattle with my family to have Thanksgiving with Ashley and my other family there before she moves to Hawaii but Dillon had to work so we are staying at my parents house house and dog sitting for the week.  It has been real fun and very relaxing, Dillon and I finished putting up the Christmas lights on my parents house, played lots of games, watched movies by the fire place and drank hot co co with our pumpkin spice creamer and played with the dogs. The day before Thanksgiving my mom and sister and I skyped while we were both preparing our turkey for the next day, it was like our little cooking show lol.  It was interesting as Dillon and I were trying to finding the innards and the neck within the turkey and were cleaning it and rubbing it down with our brine.  On Thanksgiving we got up early as its been a tradition ever since I was little to watch the Thanksgiving and Macys parade and have breakfast.  We had breakfast burritos which had sausage, eggs, hash browns with bell peppers and salsa in it and then we had onion dip and artichoke and spinach dip to snack on throughout the rest of the day.  We started cooking our yummy turkey, funeral potatoes, yum yum corn, rolls, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes as well as twice baked potatoes, Dillon is always such a good helper in the kitchen.  We also had pumpkin pie and Dillons jello casserole for dessert (which I absolutely love, it's so refreshing mm). At the dinner table Dillon and I both said what we were thankful for and we played the thankful game where we would alternate each letter in the alphabet and say what we were grateful for. There are so many things to be grateful for and playing that game really made us realize all the little things we should be grateful for.  We are so thankful for so much and there will never be enough words to express our appreciation for all the lord has blessed us with.  We are so grateful for such amazing family and friends, our education, our home, the experiences we have every single day and how they help us grow and bring us closer as a couple, our health we have been so lucky to have good health so we are able to do the things we need to every day, for temples and the knowledge we have of the eternities and how families can be together forever.  I know for myself that I am extremely Thankful to have such an amazing husband that loves me and works hard to support and provide for our little family, that takes care of me, is so crazy and fun, encourages me to do the things I don't think I can and who makes me a better person. After dinner we relaxed a little then went to the movies and saw Breaking Dawn and then we drove around Orem to places we knew were gonna have ridiculous lines for Black Friday to see how crazy it was.  We didn't go black friday shopping this year because there wasn't anything we really were wanting but we did go out around noon to go clothes shopping.  Now that Thanksgiving is over I cannot wait for Christmas to come around I absolutely love decorating, seeing all the lights, drinking hot chocolate with creamer, and watching Christmas movies it's one of the best times of the year for sure.  
Rubbing the turkey with Brine. Ash on skype in the background doing her turkey!

glazing mm





Putting up the christmas lights

Dillon Getting ready to cut the turkey

He did so good



my favorite are those rolls




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gobble Gobble!

We first want to wish everyone (Even though it was 2 days ago) a Happy Thanksgiving and safe Black Friday! We hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays Smiling and were able to stuff themselves full.  This year it was mine and Dillons first Thanksgiving together as Mr. and Mrs. it was just the two of us this year which meant I was able to do all the cooking for our meal, I cooked all the things Dillon wanted for Thanksgiving with his help in the kitchen. We were going to go to Seattle with my family to have Thanksgiving with Ashley and my other family there before she moves to Hawaii but Dillon had to work so we are staying at my parents house house and dog sitting for the week.  It has been real fun and very relaxing, Dillon and I finished putting up the Christmas lights on my parents house, played lots of games, watched movies by the fire place and drank hot co co with our pumpkin spice creamer and played with the dogs. The day before Thanksgiving my mom and sister and I skyped while we were both preparing our turkey for the next day, it was like our little cooking show lol.  It was interesting as Dillon and I were trying to finding the innards and the neck within the turkey and were cleaning it and rubbing it down with our brine.  On Thanksgiving we got up early as its been a tradition ever since I was little to watch the Thanksgiving and Macys parade and have breakfast.  We had breakfast burritos which had sausage, eggs, hash browns with bell peppers and salsa in it and then we had onion dip and artichoke and spinach dip to snack on throughout the rest of the day.  We started cooking our yummy turkey, funeral potatoes, yum yum corn, rolls, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes as well as twice baked potatoes, Dillon is always such a good helper in the kitchen.  We also had pumpkin pie and Dillons jello casserole for dessert (which I absolutely love, it's so refreshing mm). At the dinner table Dillon and I both said what we were thankful for and we played the thankful game where we would alternate each letter in the alphabet and say what we were grateful for. There are so many things to be grateful for and playing that game really made us realize all the little things we should be grateful for.  We are so thankful for so much and there will never be enough words to express our appreciation for all the lord has blessed us with.  We are so grateful for such amazing family and friends, our education, our home, the experiences we have every single day and how they help us grow and bring us closer as a couple, our health we have been so lucky to have good health so we are able to do the things we need to every day, for temples and the knowledge we have of the eternities and how families can be together forever.  I know for myself that I am extremely Thankful to have such an amazing husband that loves me and works hard to support and provide for our little family, that takes care of me, is so crazy and fun, encourages me to do the things I don't think I can and who makes me a better person. After dinner we relaxed a little then went to the movies and saw Breaking Dawn and then we drove around Orem to places we knew were gonna have ridiculous lines for Black Friday to see how crazy it was.  We didn't go black friday shopping this year because there wasn't anything we really were wanting but we did go out around noon to go clothes shopping.  Now that Thanksgiving is over I cannot wait for Christmas to come around I absolutely love decorating, seeing all the lights, drinking hot chocolate with creamer, and watching Christmas movies it's one of the best times of the year for sure.  
Rubbing the turkey with Brine. Ash on skype in the background doing her turkey!

glazing mm





Putting up the christmas lights

Dillon Getting ready to cut the turkey

He did so good



my favorite are those rolls




No comments:

Post a Comment