Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finals week,job, and almost death experience! -_-

Well folks, it has finally come.....FinalsDevil the last few weeks has been SUUUPER crazy since this week is Finals week. I had to give a presentation in my ethics class and Dillon had to give a presentation in his as well AND in his English class plus we have all of our big papers due along with everything else as school is coming to a close.....for nowDevil. Dillon has been and will be picking up extra hours at work since Saturday we leave on our honeymoon for a week (SO PSYCHED! Surprised). I have also been helping a neighbor in my homeward with her parents 50th Anniversary so I had designed invitations, a sign in book, favor tags, put together a music playlist while everyone is socializing and also for her parents vow renewal and last but not least put together a slideshow.  But aside from all the havoc we still find time to take a breather and just enjoy each others company.
                However! this past Monday I got a call from the place Ashley used to work asking if I was still looking for work because they have two positions available if I am interested and if I could come in for an interview on Thursday.  Of course I got all giddy inside because I couldn't believe I just got a call about a job after months of searching and praying then one day it was just handed to me. Then the next day they call me back and are like "um actually you're hired...you don't need to come in for your interview on Thursday." BOOYA! I was so excited and still am, I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to start working! I just am continuing to thank the Lord for this great blessing, we definitely see his hands in all things.  We have been able to recognize and appreciate all the blessings of the Temple and the power of prayer.  He does live and he is our Savior.



  I bet you are wondering why in the title of this post it says, "...and almost death experience" well let me tell ya.  After school the other day Dillon and I went to Applebees to celebrate the ending of the school year and for me getting a job and well...I was eating my steak and was chewing on that one piece where you feel like no matter how long you chew it it will never break down and well it ended up getting stuck in my throat.  I tried to play it cool and take care of the situation myself without causing a scene so i was trying to cough it back out but of course it lodged itself further into my throatOh and then of course the oxygen was cut off and I started panicking, I couldn't focus, I felt the circulation get cut off from my brain and I thought I was going to die...and while all this was happening picture Dillon with his mouth full of fajita with a tortilla in one hand and his other hand stuffing the tortilla with more filling not even noticing his dieing wife on the other side of the table until I panicked while I was reaching for my cup because I felt like I was gonna black out and I made a noise and jumped and that's when he finally looked up but when I jumped I was able to swallow my food.  I was so scared afterward that if I wasn't in public I probably would have cried Crying lol.


And that's what has happened thus far in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finals week,job, and almost death experience! -_-

Well folks, it has finally come.....FinalsDevil the last few weeks has been SUUUPER crazy since this week is Finals week. I had to give a presentation in my ethics class and Dillon had to give a presentation in his as well AND in his English class plus we have all of our big papers due along with everything else as school is coming to a close.....for nowDevil. Dillon has been and will be picking up extra hours at work since Saturday we leave on our honeymoon for a week (SO PSYCHED! Surprised). I have also been helping a neighbor in my homeward with her parents 50th Anniversary so I had designed invitations, a sign in book, favor tags, put together a music playlist while everyone is socializing and also for her parents vow renewal and last but not least put together a slideshow.  But aside from all the havoc we still find time to take a breather and just enjoy each others company.
                However! this past Monday I got a call from the place Ashley used to work asking if I was still looking for work because they have two positions available if I am interested and if I could come in for an interview on Thursday.  Of course I got all giddy inside because I couldn't believe I just got a call about a job after months of searching and praying then one day it was just handed to me. Then the next day they call me back and are like "um actually you're hired...you don't need to come in for your interview on Thursday." BOOYA! I was so excited and still am, I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to start working! I just am continuing to thank the Lord for this great blessing, we definitely see his hands in all things.  We have been able to recognize and appreciate all the blessings of the Temple and the power of prayer.  He does live and he is our Savior.



  I bet you are wondering why in the title of this post it says, "...and almost death experience" well let me tell ya.  After school the other day Dillon and I went to Applebees to celebrate the ending of the school year and for me getting a job and well...I was eating my steak and was chewing on that one piece where you feel like no matter how long you chew it it will never break down and well it ended up getting stuck in my throat.  I tried to play it cool and take care of the situation myself without causing a scene so i was trying to cough it back out but of course it lodged itself further into my throatOh and then of course the oxygen was cut off and I started panicking, I couldn't focus, I felt the circulation get cut off from my brain and I thought I was going to die...and while all this was happening picture Dillon with his mouth full of fajita with a tortilla in one hand and his other hand stuffing the tortilla with more filling not even noticing his dieing wife on the other side of the table until I panicked while I was reaching for my cup because I felt like I was gonna black out and I made a noise and jumped and that's when he finally looked up but when I jumped I was able to swallow my food.  I was so scared afterward that if I wasn't in public I probably would have cried Crying lol.


And that's what has happened thus far in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment