Today was an extremely long fun filled day we left early to
head down to Laie to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Uncle Trenson was so
kind to hook us up with tickets; we are so blessed to be so loved by
family. The tickets didn’t only include
a full day there and the night show but also a free buffet dinner! We were
definitely surprised when we found out it came with the dinner as well. We had
to plan very well on what villages to go to so we could participate in all the
activities and see the little show each village had and also make it to the
canoe show. We danced in the Hawaii and
Tahiti village, played games in the Hawaii and Aotearoa village we also played
with the poi balls and got tribal tattoos in the Aotearoa village as well. We then
started a fire with wood and a stick and basket weaved in Samoa then we played
music and sang in Tonga and Fiji. Dillon looooved the PCC his favorite village
was the Samoan village he thought the guy doing the show was hilarious, he
showed us how to husk a coconut, crack it in half, shave the coconut meat,
start a fire with a stick and wood and use the husk of the coconut to make a
fire and there was also a guy that climbed a coconut tree. The day was very hot and humid but we were hit
with a little sprinkle of rain that only lasted a few minutes but did major
damage to our straightened hair. PCC was one of the activities we had planned
for our vacation that I was looking forward to taking Dillon to. I really wanted him to get to know the
Polynesian culture and learn about Polynesia so it was great seeing him get so
involved and excited about everything.
After touring the villages we started to whine down and we were able to
eat at the buffet in the Prime Dining Hall the food was delicious. We then hung out at the little shops at PCC
for a little bit then found our seats and watched the show. During intermission we bought the sorbet
dessert they were selling I have noticed things have changed a lot since when
we would visit often growing up. They
used to serve the dessert during intermission in a pineapple with the crown cut
off filled with ice cream and fruit nevertheless it was still incredible. I
loved today, I loved the show, I loved that Dillon loved it, I loved being
there with my sisters and my husband I love Hawaii!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, July 13, 2012
Hawaii Trip: Day 3 Polynesian Cultural Center
Today was an extremely long fun filled day we left early to
head down to Laie to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Uncle Trenson was so
kind to hook us up with tickets; we are so blessed to be so loved by
family. The tickets didn’t only include
a full day there and the night show but also a free buffet dinner! We were
definitely surprised when we found out it came with the dinner as well. We had
to plan very well on what villages to go to so we could participate in all the
activities and see the little show each village had and also make it to the
canoe show. We danced in the Hawaii and
Tahiti village, played games in the Hawaii and Aotearoa village we also played
with the poi balls and got tribal tattoos in the Aotearoa village as well. We then
started a fire with wood and a stick and basket weaved in Samoa then we played
music and sang in Tonga and Fiji. Dillon looooved the PCC his favorite village
was the Samoan village he thought the guy doing the show was hilarious, he
showed us how to husk a coconut, crack it in half, shave the coconut meat,
start a fire with a stick and wood and use the husk of the coconut to make a
fire and there was also a guy that climbed a coconut tree. The day was very hot and humid but we were hit
with a little sprinkle of rain that only lasted a few minutes but did major
damage to our straightened hair. PCC was one of the activities we had planned
for our vacation that I was looking forward to taking Dillon to. I really wanted him to get to know the
Polynesian culture and learn about Polynesia so it was great seeing him get so
involved and excited about everything.
After touring the villages we started to whine down and we were able to
eat at the buffet in the Prime Dining Hall the food was delicious. We then hung out at the little shops at PCC
for a little bit then found our seats and watched the show. During intermission we bought the sorbet
dessert they were selling I have noticed things have changed a lot since when
we would visit often growing up. They
used to serve the dessert during intermission in a pineapple with the crown cut
off filled with ice cream and fruit nevertheless it was still incredible. I
loved today, I loved the show, I loved that Dillon loved it, I loved being
there with my sisters and my husband I love Hawaii!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment