Sunday, January 1, 2012

Honeymoon

What a great way to end the year! we were so busy with finals and finally it came to an end. Immediately after Dillon and I packed our bags and headed out to Mesa, Colorado for our Wintery Honeymoon. I had made a "Road trip survival kit" for our 4 hour drive to Mesa the drive went by so quick! Our drive consisted of a license plate game, a questionnaire, a city countdown and lots of singing, the roads were great the whole way there. We stayed at the Goldenwood Condominiums at the Powder horn Resort it was quite nice however it was in the middle of no where so it wasn't as crowded which was nice. Because we were at such high elevation we suffered a bit of elevation sickness so on Sunday (our first full day there) we just laid back and relaxed, watched movies and explored the outside. Then on Monday we went Snowmobiling and booooy was that fun!! at first we were just trying to get used to how to control the sled but after that it was all so much fun.  We had a great tour guide Andy who was a total blast he took us to big beautiful scenic fields, over bumps, turns, hills, and jumps for a good 3 hours.  Dillon was loving it he gained lots of air off the jumps that Andy took him on and loved to just gun it! however he did manage to tip the sled over within the first 3 minutes of us getting on the bike.  Andy and I were cruising along but when we looked back we didn't see Dillon but in the distance uh...tipped over in the snow...he thought he could veer off a bit and do his own thing but the snow quickly put him in his place lol. The next day we went cross country skiing for several hours which was absolutely amazing totally relaxing and beautiful.  It definitely took some work though, especially with it being Dillons first time on skis ever! He did very well regardless. The resort had quite a bit of snow but that Wednesday and Thursday we were there it snowed sun up to sun down so luckily for us we planned our two snowboarding days just right so we had TONS of amazing powder for snowboarding. I just absolutely think Dillon is the coolest person on the planet.  He is completely fearless and looks totally bad A on a snowmobile, skis and definitely his snowboard.  I could watch him snowboard for hours.  He is a great snowboard teacher as well, I had only been snowboarding just a couple times and so I am still a newbie at it and he was so great and stayed with me on the easy rider hills until I picked up a bit then he went and hit the big boy slopes and terrain.  Meanwhile during the week we had played a bunch of games and caught up on a bunch of movies.  What a fun week it was! go to our picture page to see more pics!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Honeymoon

What a great way to end the year! we were so busy with finals and finally it came to an end. Immediately after Dillon and I packed our bags and headed out to Mesa, Colorado for our Wintery Honeymoon. I had made a "Road trip survival kit" for our 4 hour drive to Mesa the drive went by so quick! Our drive consisted of a license plate game, a questionnaire, a city countdown and lots of singing, the roads were great the whole way there. We stayed at the Goldenwood Condominiums at the Powder horn Resort it was quite nice however it was in the middle of no where so it wasn't as crowded which was nice. Because we were at such high elevation we suffered a bit of elevation sickness so on Sunday (our first full day there) we just laid back and relaxed, watched movies and explored the outside. Then on Monday we went Snowmobiling and booooy was that fun!! at first we were just trying to get used to how to control the sled but after that it was all so much fun.  We had a great tour guide Andy who was a total blast he took us to big beautiful scenic fields, over bumps, turns, hills, and jumps for a good 3 hours.  Dillon was loving it he gained lots of air off the jumps that Andy took him on and loved to just gun it! however he did manage to tip the sled over within the first 3 minutes of us getting on the bike.  Andy and I were cruising along but when we looked back we didn't see Dillon but in the distance uh...tipped over in the snow...he thought he could veer off a bit and do his own thing but the snow quickly put him in his place lol. The next day we went cross country skiing for several hours which was absolutely amazing totally relaxing and beautiful.  It definitely took some work though, especially with it being Dillons first time on skis ever! He did very well regardless. The resort had quite a bit of snow but that Wednesday and Thursday we were there it snowed sun up to sun down so luckily for us we planned our two snowboarding days just right so we had TONS of amazing powder for snowboarding. I just absolutely think Dillon is the coolest person on the planet.  He is completely fearless and looks totally bad A on a snowmobile, skis and definitely his snowboard.  I could watch him snowboard for hours.  He is a great snowboard teacher as well, I had only been snowboarding just a couple times and so I am still a newbie at it and he was so great and stayed with me on the easy rider hills until I picked up a bit then he went and hit the big boy slopes and terrain.  Meanwhile during the week we had played a bunch of games and caught up on a bunch of movies.  What a fun week it was! go to our picture page to see more pics!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment