Finally, a post on our 1 year anniversary adventure!
Wow....took me long enough, right?
I keep thinking to myself even to this day, "We've been married for 1 year! 1 YEAR!" I know 1 year isn't no 5...20...50 year anniversary but I love thinking of the progress we are making in life together and how we are going to continue dominating for many years to come.
Dillon wanted to plan our 1st anniversary and I must say he did a marvelous job. Because our actual anniversary fell on a Monday and we have school and work we went away to Salt lake for the weekend and stayed in the Sheraton Hotel.
We headed out after work and on our first night there we went to Texas Road house for dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening watching movies.
I have a love for hotels;
the big beds
fluffy pillows
nice bathrooms
elevators
hot chocolate
the service
(The list goes on)
and it's just nice staying somewhere other than your own home once in a while.
Early the next morning Dillon woke me up and told me to get ready.
He then drove us up to Park City which to my surprise he had a horse back ride scheduled for us. I was ECSTATIC! I have wanted to go horse back riding FOR-EV-ER
and that day my dream came true. Everything was just right, we ended up having our very own personal horse back ride tour through the pretty mountains in Park City. The morning couldn't have been any better, it was overcast and a little chilly and the fog low on the mountain definitely added to the experience. It was what they all called, "A cowboy morning for riding." After several hours of riding we went walking around Main Street and looked through some art galleries and went to lunch at Bandits Grill & Bar.
Later that evening we went shopping at City Creek Mall and then to Massage Envy for a 2 hour relaxing couples massage.
For dinner we went to PF Changes and for dessert we went to Sammy's and got our favorite pumpkin pie shake.
All of that was followed by another evening of pure relaxation.
The morning we headed home consisted of sleeping in, a mini photo shoot
of my handsome hubby and breakfast at Denny's. Oh how I didn't want to jump back into reality.
Even though we celebrated a few days early on the day of our anniversary we still did a little something special.
For dinner I had made my pork chops with a white wine sauce and we drank from our Bride and Groom fancy cups that we drank from the day Dillon proposed.
As part of tradition we broke out our wedding cake we had saved in the freezer from our wedding day. Surprisingly it held up quite nicely it was a tad bit dry and the berries were sour but other than that it tasted pretty good.
Dillon and I started a tradition that we picked up from my parents
every year for our anniversary we decided we would do a sealing session at the temple. For our first year we decided we would return to the temple we were married in, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
I absolutely LOVE that temple it is magnificent!
I knew when I entered into that temple for the open house for the first time that it was the temple I was to be married in.
What a great way to celebrate our 1st anniversary, I still can't believe it has been a year already. I can't wait to see what else life brings us :)
All of that was followed by another evening of pure relaxation.
The morning we headed home consisted of sleeping in, a mini photo shoot
of my handsome hubby and breakfast at Denny's. Oh how I didn't want to jump back into reality.
Even though we celebrated a few days early on the day of our anniversary we still did a little something special.
For dinner I had made my pork chops with a white wine sauce and we drank from our Bride and Groom fancy cups that we drank from the day Dillon proposed.
As part of tradition we broke out our wedding cake we had saved in the freezer from our wedding day. Surprisingly it held up quite nicely it was a tad bit dry and the berries were sour but other than that it tasted pretty good.
Dillon and I started a tradition that we picked up from my parents
every year for our anniversary we decided we would do a sealing session at the temple. For our first year we decided we would return to the temple we were married in, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
I absolutely LOVE that temple it is magnificent!
I knew when I entered into that temple for the open house for the first time that it was the temple I was to be married in.
What a great way to celebrate our 1st anniversary, I still can't believe it has been a year already. I can't wait to see what else life brings us :)













I'm so glad you had a happy anniversary and that you guys are so happy. I love you and I wish you many, many more years of awesomeness and marital bliss. <3
ReplyDeleteHey Chels! I nominated you for a blog award! If you are interested head over to my blog courtneytychsen.blogspot.com for more info! Love these pictures :)
ReplyDelete